Imagine the world without anger, without greed. We have the power, the tools, the skills and the resources right now to build a peaceful world, where people live in harmony with the Earth and each other. This blog explores ways we are doing just that, one post, one change, one day at a time. Join me. Tell your stories. Ask for help. Spread your ideas for making the vision real and, well, ordinary.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Wanda did it

© L Kathryn Grace
All rights reserved

She tagged me. The rules, near as I can tell, are to divulge seven things you might not already know about me, then turn the favor on seven more bloggers. Any excuse I have to introduce a few of my favorite bloggers, I'll take.
  1. Until this year, 2010, the word "potluck" sent such performance anxiety through my body that you might have seen me blanch before I turned away. Suddenly, with more time to enjoy it, I find I love cooking. I'm becoming a foodie! Potluck? Bring it on!
  2. After all these years, the rumble of a Harley still quickens my blood. I stop on the street with my granddaughter, reverently pointing out the details of a vintage cherry red bike, replete with black leather saddle bags. Unfortunately, now she's fascinated with motorcycles and wants to ride every one she sees!
  3. The year the full moon occurred on the Summer Solstice, I stayed outside all night on a grass-covered hillside, under that bright light, talking with a new-made friend who, earlier, had danced before the bonfire, her fringed shawl etching raven wings gently opening and closing in the shadows and light. I no longer remember her name or what we talked so earnestly about all those hours, but I remember the scents of the meadow, nearby animals, our breath on the cold air, and the light coming over the hill at dawn.
  4. Love me Tender is one of the Elvis songs that still makes me as quivery inside as a school girl.
  5. Once upon a time, I dreamed I had written a book: An Acclimation of Glory. I held the heavy tome in my hand, its shiny white cover brilliant with red lettering. I have no idea where that came from, or why, from time to time, I dream it again.
  6. I saw my partner in a vision, and knew she was a musician with short black hair, years before I met her, yet at first I did not recognize her. Next month, we celebrate 22 years together. I hope we can be married, legally, before we die.
  7. I am convinced that the whole world would be happier and more peaceful if we drummed and danced more, shopped less.
There are so many bloggers I love to read. In this list, some old faves and some recently discovered. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Deb Shucka of Catbird Scout
Curbstone Valley Farm
Lynn Hasselberger of I Count for My Earth
Margaret and Helen
Paul of Wondering
Arina of Lots of Life in One Place
Guyana-Gyal

Tag! You're it!

__
 
We make peace in a million small ways every day.
All text and images, unless otherwise noted, copyright © L Kathryn Grace. All rights reserved.

7 comments:

Laughing Doodle 2022 said...

I love your telling list! Perhaps that's a book for you.. Telling Lists! Well written, Kate!

Anonymous said...

I did not know you like motorcycles at all, let alone Harleys! You have always been a good cook but more time does help. I can imagine you in the meadow under the moon. Thanks for sharing and keep dancing and drumming. Mickey

kario said...

I hope you had fun excavating these things about yourself for the list. I had fun learning them about you!

Deb Shucka said...

Thanks, Kathryn, for tagging me. :-)

I love reading this list, getting to know you better.The book title gives me goosebumps. It sure seems like it needs your attention for some reason. I also really love the story about the solstice and the full moon. I'd actually like to read the whole story of that. And the whole story of your meeting your partner.

Off to meet some new friends.

graceonline said...

Sharon, you know how much I love books of lists, right? Not! But thanks for good words.

Mickey, remember the time we played with the motorbikes from our Wendy's kid's meals, much to the chagrin of other adults in the place, trying to teach their children to behave? Those weren't Harleys, tho.

Thanks Kario. I did. Glad you enjoyed it, especially since you tagged Wanda before she tagged me!

You're welcome, Deb. I have given that title attention over the years, but whatever it's about, it's not coming up yet. As for the other tales, another day perhaps, when the moment is right. The story of our meeting is best told in person, by both of us. Lots of laughter.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

And speaking of Harleys, I made my mother make my brother get rid of his bike.
hee hee.
I was worried.

graceonline said...

Guyana-Gyal, I understand that worry. I stopped riding ours when, three times within the space of about thirty minutes, we had calls so close that only our guardian angels could possibly have saved us. That was a wake up call. Nothing my husband could have done in each of those moments could have stopped the other drivers plowing into us. Unmistakably saved by grace, I took the lesson to heart, not wanting to leave my babies orphans, and decided not to ride again, though I have missed the wind on my face and the earth whizzing by so up close and personal I could taste it.

Post a Comment