Imagine the world without anger, without greed. We have the power, the tools, the skills and the resources right now to build a peaceful world, where people live in harmony with the Earth and each other. This blog explores ways we are doing just that, one post, one change, one day at a time. Join me. Tell your stories. Ask for help. Spread your ideas for making the vision real and, well, ordinary.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How standing for peace changes me

Stand for Peace bumper sticker
© L Kathryn Grace
All rights reserved
Today, I'm spending some time developing the new web site, so I offer this article I wrote awhile back on Wizzley: How Standing for Peace Five Minutes a Day Changes Me. I'd be pleased if you would check it out, leave a comment, tell me what you think. Here's an excerpt.
I tend to be a fairly calm person. That is, I tend to be a fairly calm person until something riles me. I can flash like a whole mob. ... On the days I stand for peace, the moment I begin to respond in anger, or feel resentment seeping into my heart over some slight, almost always I stop a moment. There is another way to approach the situation, any situation. Standing for peace five minutes a day ...                                                                Read more

If you don't have time to flip over there and read the article, would you be so kind as to share something in the comments here about your own journey to peace, either in your life today or anywhere in the world?
__
We make peace in a million small ways every day.
All text and images, unless otherwise noted, copyright L. Kathryn Grace. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment