Imagine the world without anger, without greed. We have the power, the tools, the skills and the resources right now to build a peaceful world, where people live in harmony with the Earth and each other. This blog explores ways we are doing just that, one post, one change, one day at a time. Join me. Tell your stories. Ask for help. Spread your ideas for making the vision real and, well, ordinary.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Do your morning rituals nurture your body and soul?


Returning to the first few posts in the Village of Ordinary, we share Rose's morning rituals: Waking with her to stretches and Reiki, a morning cup of tea, and precious moments with her drawing journal; then sitting with her to greet the dawn with some of her village companions who gather for Yoga and meditation.

Some mornings, Rose works out alone. This first morning, we jog with her and her neighbor Ralph on their way to the kitchens where they pull breakfast duty, and where she stoops to pluck and sniff a sprig of thyme and to bow to her friend in the ancient way of acknowledging the spirit in him as in herself.

Rose's day begins peacefully, with a feast for her senses and with attention to and care for her physical, spiritual, mental and emotional needs.

This week, I am treating myself to a minimum of two days in which I waken early enough to stretch, do my usual Reiki, meditate or write for at least fifteen minutes, enjoy a cup of tea and walk a few blocks, stopping to admire the flowers and, perhaps, crush a geranium leaf between my fingers and inhale the sweet pungency. That's my objective. The goal is to build up to a daily routine of self care and sensory (Dare I say it? Yes!) indulgence.

What are your morning rituals? How do you nurture yourself? These are the ways we build harmony in our life. These are the first steps to making peace.


__

We make peace in a million small ways every day.
All text and images, unless otherwise noted, copyright L. Kathryn Grace. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

Wanda said...

My morning ritual always includes feeding the squirrels on my deck. Some come and eat from my hand. This building of relationship is part of stewardship, I believe.

Post a Comment